Hanover Hospital began caring for the community in 1926 when philanthropists Harper D. Sheppard and Clinton N. Myers united local residents around the concept of a community hospital. The Hospital structure was described at the opening reception as "a sturdy and beautiful piece of architecture" of Red Colonial brick with Indiana limestone that is "visible as the most outstanding landmark from various approaches to the city."
The local newspaper wrote that Hanover Hospital began its history "under the most favorable auspices and with the hearty well-wishes of the entire community, taking its place as an instrument of high service and ever-present help in the crises of existence." Hanover Hospital now has 93 licensed beds and continues to serve its original not-for-profit purpose and embrace its founding principle of high service.
Member Since: 1994